Petzl Maestro® S Descender
Petzl | Part # D024AA00
Unit price /
Couldn't load pickup availability
MAESTRO S is a descender designed for technical rescue operations. It facilitates manipulation of heavy loads, for lowering or hauling, and may be used in both the primary system or in a back-up belay. This versatility allows rescuers to adapt to any situation they may encounter on the rescue scene. The ergonomic handle and integrated braking allow for comfortably controlled descent. Shifting from lowering position to hauling position is immediate, without the need to transfer the load. The integrated progress-capture pulley has a large diameter sheave mounted on sealed ball bearings, ensuring excellent hauling efficiency.
The AUTO-LOCK system automatically locks the rope when the handle is not in use. Once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle. The MAESTRO S descender is compatible with 10.5 to 11.5 mm ropes and allows handling of loads up to 250 kg.
- For use on rope 10.5mm to 11.5mm
- Maximum working load: 550 lbs (250 kg)
- Locking system with integrated progress-capture pulley allows the same device to be used for descent and hauling
- Can be used in both a single or twin primary system and in a back-up belay
- Lower connection point can be used to create different types of hauling systems
- Easy rope installation, thanks to the markings on the device
- Ergonomic handle allows the rope to be released progressively and enables comfortable control of the descent
- Immediate shift from lowering position to hauling position without having to transfer the load
- AUTO-LOCK system allows the rope to be blocked automatically when the handle is not in use. Once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle
- Integrated progress-capture pulley with very large diameter sheave mounted on sealed ball bearings; rotates in only one direction for excellent hauling efficiency
- Sheave is faceted, creating additional friction zones for the rope and thus additional braking on descents
- Integrated brake on the device to adjust the friction based on the load and the rope diameter
- Certifications: CE*, EN 341 type 2 class A, NFPA 1983 Technical Use, EAC.